Many new cars feature in-car garage door openers that eliminate the need for a remote clipped to the visor. Mercedes-Benz is one such brand with said feature but as Mercedes-Benz is known for, they take the technology one step further and feature an opener with three programmable buttons to operate three separate garage doors. Here with Mercedes-Benz of Gilbert you can find out how to program each of the buttons in just a few minutes.
Programming Mercedes-Benz Garage Door Opener
Before you get started:
Know if your remote uses a single code or rolling code system to open the garage doors. Most newer openers use rolling code which uses a new code every time the door is opened to prevent thieves from cloning your remote’s code over the airwaves.
What you need:
- The handheld remote that already opens your garage.
- Your Mercedes-Benz.
How To Program Your Mercedes-Benz Garage Opener Buttons:
- Clear the three buttons inside the car:
- Turn on ignition until dashboard lights come on.
- Press and hold the first and second garage opener buttons for about 20 seconds until the light turns green.
- Program first opener button:
- Press and hold the first button until the indicator light turns yellow, then release. The Indicator light will flash.
- Hold handheld garage remote within 1-6 inches of indicator light press button on remote until the light is green or flashes green. If it lights up red try again in a different position.
Repeat with subsequent buttons and garage doors.
If the indicator light is flashing green, that means your door uses a rolling code system and your Mercedes-Benz needs to synchronize with the opener. To do so use the following steps:
- Find training button/smart button on opener system, press it and return to car within 30 seconds.
- Press the appropriate in-car opener button and hold for two seconds, then release for two seconds. Repeat until the system operates the garage door.
See the entire training video here:
****It’s important to note that the garage door openers will only work if the ignition is turned on.
For more vehicle how to’s and tips, stay tuned to Mercedes-Benz of Gilbert. To see which models have the garage door opener feature, contact our team today, we’ll help you find the Mercedes-Benz that has the system and meets all of your requirements for convenience, style and performance.